Thursday, June 27, 2013

Juicy Fruits: Cherry

Juicy Fruits: Cherry

Back again with another "kawaii" fruit: cherries! I was surprised to learn that in the US their season is in June. I thought they were a winter fruit for some reason. I guess I associated their deep red color with that of pomegranates, which are a winter fruit here in the US. Anyway, cherries are by far one of the cutest fruits that I can think of. 
Real cherries don't blush/have faces. But they're so round, and round=cute.
They're popular as prints as well:
Polka-dotted cherries would be cute and hopefully yummy.
And they're used to make the classic, American dessert of cherry pie. Personally, I don't like cherry pie or cooked cherries. I think they're a great summer snack when they're fresh. None of that's the main point, though! They're cute and classic, so they inspired an adorable vintage look.
 
First, start off with a bright cherry-red skirt. Its classic A-line shape harkens back to the era of circle skirts and polka dots. The take on the vintage look is perfection when topped with a crisp tie-front, white sleeveless shirt. The tie-front reminded me of cherry leaves. I added a pair of sweet, peep-toe, red gingham, pumps. The classic American print reminds me of picnics and summer. Carrying a sage-green purse evokes the cherry leaves, and the soft color is a nice compliment to the red and brings the freshness factor of summer. A delicate silver ring with a cherry blossom is the perfect way to accessorize the look. A spritz of a fruity scent like Escada: Cherry in the Air which features notes of black cherry, raspberry and other sweet fruits will definitely brighten up your day. Finally, a bright cherry-red lip is the cherry on top of the cute, cherry-inspired vintage summer look. 

Do you like cherries? What do you think of vintage-inspired outfits? What's your favorite color to wear in the summer?


No comments: