Thursday, July 4, 2013

Under The Sea

Under The Sea

While I spent three weeks in Bristol, taking a course about whales and estuaries, my instructor always wore the cutest ocean-themed jewelry. She'd have koi fish earrings one day, or a whale-fluke necklace the next. I had some major bauble envy. Unsurprisingly, after that, most of my every day jewelry consists of charms in the shape of animals as well; a giraffe necklace, a horse necklace, and a sea turtle necklace I received from a friend. Lately I've been eyeing this Elsa Peretti x Tiffany's bracelet with a starfish:
Isn't it cute? Just like Patrick Star!
But that's beside the point. So, with the magic of Polyvore, I put together this outfit inspired by marine biology and the sea.

The printed dress was too cute and reminded me of Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus. It was a very plain silhouette, but the colorful print helped it stand out from the rest. The shoes by Loeffler Randall are so darn cute! I used the coordinating clutch for my Color Story: Aquamarine post. Their fish-scale texture and ocean-inspired colors make them such a unique piece. I added sea-inspired accessories, like the blue-crab ring and sea horse earrings. Sea-creatures make for great accessory inspiration because they have such elegant, streamlined shapes (most of the time). The Pisces clutch is a great addition and follows the marine color scheme. Lastly, a spritz of an ocean-inspired scent, like the classic Davidoff Cool Water finishes off this sea-worthy look.

Overall, this outfit was really fun to plan. I tend to like themed outfits. Keep on the lookout for more from the Into the Wild collection!

No comments: